Thursday, August 1, 2013

August rush

Hello,

As the summer's last month approached, I felt a strange mixture of excitement, melancholy, restlessness and yet - a sense of peace and calmness. In the middle of my life's "big vacation" - in between educations and jobs, where I constantly feel the presence of plotting thoughts and images of what I should or could do next, I managed to find a little safe corner of this summer. Maybe it was the way we've been blessed with the weather this year, maybe it was me, who was blessed with having plans, that takes me to my favorite places and allows me to do my favorite things, but I've read good books, I've seen good movies, I've spent time with my closest people, I've had fun, I've been swimming, tanning, eating well and sleeping lots. Through all of that I've managed to charge my batteries for this years next season - and for new challenges in my life. I'm not the one to talk about dreams and plans as if they're already something real and true (As a matter of fact I believe there are two kinds of people in this world - ones who protect their dreams from other people, who nourish them and work until they've come true and ones, who share it with the world - as if convinced that letting your dream fly around the world, it'll eventually return back to you and come true with the help of the universe's energy. I suppose I'm simply the first kind), but if everything goes well, I cannot wait to share my experiences and embark on this new chapter of my life.

All of that will begin in August and pick up in speed and intensity as the autumn rolls around. Therefore August of 2013 for me is a month of transition - last month of this almost magical summer, where time had stalled for a few needed moments for me to gather up my energy and capacity to leap forwards.

Although this blog is not my first priority at the moment, I love the feeling of having it, without being able to explain it to a greater detail. When I spend a good deal of my time working, reading up, preparing - I enjoy being able to take a break, open up my reader, catch up on the newest post of the lovely blogs I follow and every now and again - write a post of my own - just when and I feel like it and have something to say to begin with.

I still plan to have some summer experiences in August - a very exciting trip and hopefully a good weather all in all for weekend sea side dates and drinks out on cafe terraces, so don't worry - this blog is not steering into a serious, philosophical and mysterious direction - quite the contrary. I hope to write about different beauty, fashion and lifestyle related topics, mostly about things I've learned along the way and what helps me to keep up a positive mindset and how I deal with the times, when I don't feel that great for whatever reason, but I don't have a schedule or a particular list of topics in mind as I truly believe in the honesty of the moment - writing about something topical - something I feel like sharing then and there.

That's all I wanted to say, I think. Hope you all are having a great summer - thank you for everyone, who's visiting and checking out the posts and showing interest in the blog - it's very exciting and positive. As always - I'd love to hear from you if you have something to say.

Talk to you soon,
Renate 

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post, and I love the way you write! Just found this blog & I'm definitely very happy that I did. You've earned a new reader!

    x Leah Symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment :) Likewise!

      Delete